Lunar New Year Activity Kit
From one New Year to another, come and celebrate Lunar New Year with us. 2022 is the Year of the Tiger and we have four fun activities to make and play with after.
From a tiger hat to a dragon and a Chinese zodiac themed sensory tray, there are four activities to help support their development and learn through playing. Especially designed to help your little one with their sensory development, imaginative play and fine motor skills.
Our kits are developed by an early years professional, they are suitable for Mini Makers aged 3+. We've tried and tested each activity and provide step-by-step instructions. Everything comes fully prepared, so you can get started straight away.
Each kit includes everything you need, for 1 or 2 children, to make -
* Tiger Hat - What better way to celebrate Year of the Tiger with your very own Tiger hat. It involves cutting and plenty of sticking (glue is included of course).
* Dragon - We love getting a little bit messy with this painting and sticking activity. Rotating and moving the dragon will help them practice their eye and hand coordination as the make and then play with it.
* Rattle Drum - A Chinese Rattle Drum is one of the oldest toys in China. Get making and enjoy the rattling sound of the drum. In this activity your child practises their eye and hand coordination by threading strings.
* Chinese Zodiac Sensory Tray - Which animal are you? Learn about the Chinese zodiac and how to use chopsticks with our sensory experience. There are coins, pom poms and all 12 animals of the zodiac to find.
For your little one...
- Crafting uses all their senses stimulating their sense of touch through new textures, the smell of paint, the sight of different colours and listening to instructions.
- Crafting is amazing practice for both their gross and fine motor skills.
- They learn through playing, without even noticing, while solving problems.
- It helps develop their coordination and using opposite sides of their brain, for example when they hold something with one hand and use scissors with the other.
- Sensory kits and activities are a great tool for calming anxious or frustrated little ones.
- You don't have to think or what to do, it is just ready to go with one less thing to worry about.
- There is no prep work, we've done it for you.
- It is a great way to spend quality time with your little one.
- It is so rewarding to see how proud they are of what they made.
- Sensory activities have been known, up and down the country, to give you enough time for a hot cuppa.
What ages are your kits suitable for?
Our kits have been created specifically for children ages 3 to 7. All of our activities should be closely supervised as they may contain small pieces which could be a choking hazard and are not suitable for under 36 months.
Children must be supervised at all times.
Store any sensory items in an air tight container so that it can be used again and again. Please discard any rice / lentils / sand that becomes wet.
All of the accessories and parts are resources for sensory exploration and crafting they are not toys. Each kit will contain small parts and therefore should be considered a choking hazard, please ensure you are supervising your little one(s).
Gift subscriptions, gift cards and digital orders will be dispatched within 1 working day.
However, as a result of Covid we are having to close our shop earlier than planned and physical orders will now not be dispatched until the first week of January. You’ll receive an email once your order has been dispatched.
Our shipping is free and uses either Royal Mail Second Class or Hemes. You can expect to receive your box within 1-5 working days from your order being fulfilled.
We also offer faster delivery services if you need your order quicker or with tracking using Royal Mail Tracked 24hr and 48hr. This is at checkout at extra cost.
As a small business we really want to ensure you have the best possible experience of our products. In the first instance if there is anything wrong please get in contact with us so we can resolve it for you.