Autumn Sensory Kit
Welcome to Autumn with its rich colours and textures all round! This play dough sensory tray gives your child an opportunity to make hedgehogs and their leafy habitats, while you are enjoying your hot cup of tea...
Our themed sensory activities are designed to help your child thrive — promoting creativity, calm and connection.
- Sensory activities can help your child with every little milestone, from holding a pencil to dressing themselves. They are a gentle and stimulating way for your Mini Maker to learn, while strengthening growing hands and coordination.
- Often used for soothing anxious or frustrated little ones, our activities are a great way to create a safe space for your Mini Maker to express themselves. You might be surprised by the conversations you have!
- Playing with sensory sets also encourages your child to let their imagination go wild — there’s no right or wrong way, only creativity!
All our activities are specially designed to support the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework, especially fine motor skills and being imaginative. Each month we have a new theme so your little one won't get bored.
The sensory kit comes with everything you need to create the farm sensory tray:
- Red play dough
- Yellow play dough
- Fabric and cardboard leaves
- Goggly eyes
- Craft sticks
- Wooden shapes
- Branch off cuts
(tray not included)
Mini Makers Like Learning
Our activity kits for children are developed by an early years practitioner in line with the EYFS Framework. This means the activities are thoughtfully put together to encourage confident, able children who will thrive in their nursery or school; making them open to learning and new tasks, problem solving, and imaginative play.
Mini Makers are Bright
Crafting activates all of your child’s senses, which are essential to help them understand the world they are growing up in. New pathways are formed in their brain each time your child tries an activity.
Mini Makers are Strong
Making stuff is amazing for their gross and fine motor skills. Little muscles become stronger the more they practice. It also helps develop their coordination and with using opposite sides of their brain, for example when they hold something with one hand and use scissors with the other.
Mini Makers are Happy
Creative and sensory activities are great tools for calming anxious or frustrated little ones. Making also creates a safe space for expression and open conversation.
Mini Makers’ Grown-Ups are Happy
We take the overwhelm away so you don’t have to think of ideas to keep your little one busy. Every activity kit for children comes fully prepared and straight to your door so you can get making straight away.
It’s a wonderful way to spend quality time with your child—and rewarding when you see how proud they are of their creations!
(Plus, sensory activities have been known, up and down the country, to give grown-ups enough time for a hot cuppa).
- Your kit will be delivered each month straight to your door, free delivery included and saving up to £5 each month.
- Each month has a different theme to support your child's learning journey.
- You don't have to think about what to do, it's just ready to go. You only get what you need, reducing waste and things to store.
- It's one less thing to worry about and you've always got something for a rainy day.
- Our subscriptions are fully flexible; skip a month or cancel anytime.
We will dispatch your first kit straight away. For subsequent kits your dispatch date will be either the 1st or 15th of the month. We'll email you to let you know each month's theme and again when your order is about to ship, so you can amend it if you need to.
What ages are your kits suitable for?
Our activity kits for children have been created specifically for ages three to seven. All of our activities should be closely supervised as they may contain small pieces which could be a choking hazard and are not suitable for under 36 months.
Children must be supervised at all times.
Please note, we don't include is scissors for safety or the tray for sensory play!
Store any sensory items in an airtight container so they can be used again and again. Please discard any rice, lentils, or sand that become wet.
All of the accessories and parts are resources for sensory exploration and crafting—they are not toys. Each kit will contain small parts and therefore should be considered a choking hazard. Please ensure you are supervising your little one(s).
Our products contain food items, so please check the contents of each kit before you purchase. We cannot guarantee there are no traces of nuts or other allergens due to the homemade nature of our products.
We aim to dispatch all orders within three working days.
Our shipping is free and uses either Royal Mail Second Class or Hermes. You can expect to receive your order within one to five working days from your order being fulfilled.
We also offer faster delivery services if you need your order quicker or with tracking, using Royal Mail Tracked 24 hr and 48 hr. This is available at checkout for an extra cost.
As a small business we really want to ensure you have the best possible experience of our products. In the first instance if there is anything wrong please get in contact with us so we can resolve it for you.